Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Anti smoking montage an inspired move


The anti-smoking spot for the WA Cancer Council currently airing definitely does the business. I don’t smoke but it still got me thinking “Gee maybe I should quit then go punch my local tobacconist in the face”. The Leonard Cohen track is an inspired move even though the agency will probably get hammered by some of their short-sighted contemporaries for going a montage. The fact is we’ve reached a tipping point on the smoking cause and our relationship (for those old enough) with past campaigns is pretty telling; at least it is for me

The ‘Everybody knows' tag is brilliant – this spot is exactly what was needed; why buy a new sledge hammer when you’ve got 10 perfectly good ones in the shed.

Nothing new in shocking the audience but the concept reintroducing the back catalogue via montage is a small stroke of genius….

Thumbs up from us.

No comments: